Give your pet the gift of assurance. Microchip Your Pets!
1 in 3 pets will become lost in their lifetime. Only 1 in 10 pets return home without an ID. Make sure your pet is protected with a universal microchip!
The Maclean-Cameron Animal Adoption Center offers microchips for $25 per animal. There’s no need to make an appointment, but proof of current vaccinations are needed prior to the procedure.
Dogs: Rabies, DA2PP, Bordetella
Cats: Rabies, FVRCP
What are microchips?
- Microchips are tiny computer chips, about the size of a grain of rice
- They are implanted just under an animal’s skin, usually between the shoulder blades
- It is similar to getting a vaccination
- The most common complication is chip migration, meaning the chip moves from the original location it was implanted
- Lost dogs are 2.5 times more likely to be returned home with a microchip, and lost cats are 20 times more likely to be returned home with a microchip
- Microchips help protect against animal theft
- Microchips are not GPS trackers, they just hold information such as the owner’s name and phone number, similar to a dog tag