Give your pet the gift of assurance. Microchip Your Pets!
1 in 3 pets will become lost in their lifetime. Only 1 in 10 pets return home without an ID. Make sure your pet is protected with a universal microchip!
The MCAAC offers microchipping services to the public for $25 per pet.
Before You Arrive:
- No appointment necessary.
- Proof of current vaccinations are needed prior to the procedure (see requirements below).
- Dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers when brought inside the facility.
Dogs: Rabies, DA2PP, Bordetella
Cats: Rabies, FVRCP
What are microchips?
- They are tiny computer chips, about the size of a grain of rice.
- They are implanted just under an animal’s skin, usually between the shoulder blades. The process is similar to getting a vaccination.
- They hold information such as the owner’s name and phone number, similar to a dog tag, but much more reliable!
Why should YOU microchip your pet?
- 1 in 3 pets will become lost in their lifetime.
- Microchipped pets have a higher rate of return to their families when lost.
- Microchips help protect against animal theft.